September 12, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Zack!






Well, the long awaited day is finally here. Zack is 8 today. He has been looking forward to this day for so long. Being the youngest child, Zack has a very different outlook on life. He has always wanted to be "Bigger than his body gives him credit for!" He could do things at 2 years old that most 6 year olds were just learning to do. Like ride a scooter or bike, throw a spiral, or eat more than you thought was possible for a boy his size! He has always loved sports - most especially football. He loves anything to do with the sport. He would rather watch the NFL Channel or ESPN before he would watch a cartoon. He will watch any football game on, even if he doesn't know who is playing. He had his first practice for flag football this Wednesday. Steve is his coach and was talking to some parents and waiting for a few more boys to arrive, when he looked behind him and saw Zack leading the boys in stretches. He than said Zack had them all running up the hills and back down to the bottom.  He then looked and Zack had them all in a circle talking to them. Steve didn't ask him to do anything, Zack just took the initiative to start practice. What a guy! He cracks us up on a daily basis. He is a softy with a sensitive side too. He asked me the other day which shampoo in our shower that Steve uses. I told him which bottle and he said," I want to do everything just like Dad, because when I grow up I want to be just like him!" It has been such a honor being his Mom. He always tells me how much he loves me and I always tell him "I love him more!" His response to that is "I don't think it's possible!" I love you Zack - Happy 8th Birthday.




3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Zack! You seriously are the cutest kids ever especially in the whity tighty picture your mom put on her blog! We love you so much! Thanks for being a BIG brother to little Rylan. He asks everyday if he can go over to play with Zack...hopefully someday he will have a brother to play with! We are so excited for your baptism. What a special day that will be! Love you so much and hope you have the best day EVER! Love, Jamie

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Zack!! You are just growing up so fast and such a great kid! I love all the football pictures, we think one day we will be watching you on TV! I have to say I just LOVE the first picture on this post of Steve with both his boys.

Kim Skinner said...

Julie,
Jen and I were trying to plan a lunch date for next Tuesday. She said she doesn't have your email or Aimee's.

Email me if you want to go.
kimberley_skinner@yahoo.com